1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 large eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 cupcake liners
1/2 cup (1 stick butter), softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup milk, plus as needed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fill muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a sperate bowl. Add in the milk and mix until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally among the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 18- 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Place the cupcakes into a cooling rack before frosting.
- Cream together butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add in half the confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Beat in the remaining confectioner’s sugar until the frosting is creamy, spreadable consistency.