12 red or green apples
3 cups of sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup of water
1/2 tsp of desired food coloring
24 sandwich cookies such as Oreos, without filling
12 lollipop sticks
- Rinse and dry the apples. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the cookies into a large Ziploc bag and roll with a rolling pin to crush. Set aside.
- Insert the lollipop sticks into the top of each apple, then place onto the baking sheet with the sticks standing straight up.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Continuing cooking until the candy thermometer reaches 300ºF.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully stir in desired food coloring. Dip each apple, one at a time into the candy mixture then twirl the apple over the pan to let excess drip off. Decorate.
1. Roll the apple in the crushed cookies immediately after dipping. Let it set.