2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2-3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mash banana with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, combined the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin and bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick is inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside too cool for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from pan and invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cool, slice and serve.