Part One: Chelsea’s Delights main aim is interaction! How can a tech-savvy analyst and web designer create a positive user experience for a first-time baker to a stay at home mom? Allowing them the freedom to enjoy the essence of home baking, so bake on with your family and friends!
Part Two: User Persona A
Name: Lauren Gomez
College Attending: Arizona State University
Minor: Communications Technology
- Earn a bachelor’s degree
- Join the Festival Lovers and Event Planners club at ASU
- Become the Photo editor of the Yes! We Love Animals magazine
- Bake a cake for her twin sisters first birthday
- Become a zoologist
- Earn a master’s degree in sustainability
- Build a wildlife sanctuary for zoological studies
- Open her own photo studio, Life’s a Snapshot.
Facts about Lauren
- Enjoys taking selfies with her best friend, Rachel Meyers
- Loves wearing make-up, especially Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Highly creative
- Enjoys shopping for the latest trends, Lauren is a subscriber to Vogue
- Loves desserts, especially carrot cake and double fudge brownies.
- Enjoys Digital Photography
Lauren Gomez or Lo is a creative sagittarius, who loves learning, especially about animals kingdoms. She enjoys going out with her friends and practicing photography on the weekends. Her goal is to earn her bachelor’s degree in Zoology and build her own animal sanctuary, Friends for Wildlife. Lauren plans to conduct investigations of different animals species, including tigers, zebras and lions and their interactions with the eco system. She also plans to study the effects of toxins and habit changes on animal reproduction.
Part Two: User Persona B
Name: Stephanie Rogers
Status: Married (one child, daughter Emma Romena)
Location: San Francisco, California
Education: Bachelors of Baking and Pastry Arts
Occupation: Stay at home mom
Facts about Stephanie
- Enjoys taking selfies with her daughter Emma
- Highly creative
- Enjoys a nice bruschetta paired with cool mojito
- Loves to read, particularly Danielle Steel and Nora Roberts
- Enjoys drinking tea, especially vanilla chai and orange jasmine
- Strong baking skills- Stephanie loves baking with daughter. Her grandmother owes a bakery, The Sweet Delights Bake Shop.
Stephanie Rogers or Steph is a artsy Leo, who before having her daughter, Emma earned a bachelors in baking and pastry arts and worked for The Sweet Delights Bake Shop, where she acquired both a sharp business sense and a keen eye for creativity. Her goal was to start her own baking company, the House of Sweets. Stephanie planned to infuse her Irish roots into classic American desserts to give new meaning to San Franciso sweets. However, life had a different plan for Steph, she fell pregnant, a few months after signing the lease for her new bakery. Stephanie decided to settle down with her boyfriend of four years, Ethan and become a stay at home mom.
Part Three: Screenshot of Survey Questions
Part Four: Answer to Survey
To obtain data for user experience testing. The researcher constructed an eleven question survey aimed at investigating people’s capabilities of home baking on behalf of Chelsea’s Delights baking app. The following results were collected from the distribution.
From the data collected, Chelsea’s Delights has an even distribution. Participants identified the need for a baking app that is not only interactive but practical with its features and layout.