Part One: Group One’s main aim is enhancement! How can two tech-savvy analysts and a web designer create a positive user experience for the everyday college student? Allowing them the freedom to quickly access their school credentials and assignments through CUNY First even after an all-night study session or on the go!
Part Two: CUNY User Persona
Name: Stacie Peters
School Year: Junior
College Attending: York College
Major: Environmental Science
Minor: Double minor in Journalism and Studio Art
- Earn a bachelor’s degree
- Join the staff of Pandora’s Box
- Become Editor in chief of CUNY’s life the green way environmental magazine
- Acquire the status of presidency of the environmental health science club
- Become an environmental scientist and wildlife photographer
- Earn a master’s degree in energy and sustainability
- Earn a second master’s degree in journalism and fine arts
- Establish a research laboratory for environmental studies
- Attain a noble peace prize for sustainable development and peace
- Achieve a Pulitzer prize in journalism and a Goldman environmental prize
- Open her own bakery, The Sweet Spot Bake Shoppe
Facts about Stacie:
- Loves to bake
- Enjoys a nice pizza margherita paired with a strawberry daiquiri
- Highly creative
- Enjoys drinking tea, especially peppermint and vanilla chai
- Loves to read, particularly Stephen King and Earl Lovelace
- Enjoys black and white photography
Stacie Peters or Stace is a creative Capricorn who loves learning, especially about the environment! She enjoys hiking, nature trails, and taking part in extracurricular activities such as the environmental health science club and photography. Her goal is to earn her bachelor’s degree in environmental health science and build her research laboratory, Green Life Inc. Stacie plans to conduct investigations on air quality in lesser developed countries along with climate change and global warming in hopes of achieving a Noble Peace prize and Goldman environmental prize for her research. She also plans to open her own bakery, The Sweet Spot Bake Shoppe.
Part Three: Screenshot of Survey Questions
Part Four: Answer to Survey
To obtain data for our user experience testing. We constructed a 10-question survey aimed at investigating the current state of experience of York college students with CUNY First. The following results were collected from the distribution.
Student One: Shanae Hart, 21
Student Two: Cassie Khan, 21
Student Three: Davion Reeves, 20
From the data collected, the CUNY First website has a random distribution. Some students identified the site as hard to navigate while other students felt the site was simple to operate. However, all participants agreed that CUNY First could use a face-lift with its features and layout.